Wednesday 2 May 2012

A lovely rag ball and two egg cosies to entertain the children.


Today was a very busy day. My aunts babysat my son and while Raquel went to school I managed to clean as much as I can... a much needed thing but which always comes last when the children are present. We prefer to spend the time together usually. In the afternoon I went to an in-service course as I intend to go back to work. The computer lesson was a bit complicated today and too much thinking made me get a headache... lol ... a taste of what will happen next September.

Here is an update of the crafts I have been doing last month. We were playing in my friend's field and noticed we had some rags, some foam, and I had my needle work box with me. So I cut six oval shapes, the shape of a rugby ball, that means pointed on two sides. I sewed them together leaving a hole to fill with foam. It was ready in less than an hour, filled the ball and stitched up the opening. The children had a lovely time playing with it!
Rag ball... an old pair of jeans, an old pair of trousers, a left-over from a skirt... all made this lovely ball come true!
Egg cosies to give as gifts...
These egg cosies were made from left-over yarn. All hand knitted! All you have to do is knit a straight piece, decrease at the top and pull all stitches together. Add some hair. Knit two small hands and add details. Creativity is so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment