Wednesday 15 February 2012

I have been really busy knitting and oops! Forgot to take pictures of the lovely socks I made. I sold them to my aunts so I am sure they won't mind if I took a photo of the socks when I visit! I am knitting more pairs but with the house work and minding the children it's hard to finish off the things I start. I am knitting two scarves now, one for my son and one for my niece. One is almost finished and the other is less than half way. Today I sold one of the dolls. I am so happy... as if I won the lottery :)










How did you spend Valentine's day? I made my husband a lovely card for valentine's day. We spent the day at home as he was working a night shift that night. He  said we can celebrate it on another day. My aunts offered to baby sit on a day we choose so we can go on a romantic meal. I hardly ever go out without them. I won't be swallowing my meals just for once!


Scenes like these drive some mothers crazy but they are quite normal and necessary for the child!


 I tend to eat my meals like a dog in a hurry! That's because my little one makes such a disaster during meals. Miguel tries to climb on the table and grab someone else's drinks and food. We're working hard on it but it's not easy. He also learnt to climb into the high chair but I tell him off as I am sure he can fall any time. Moreover he cannot get down and tries to jump off as if he was sky diving! He's really afraid of nothing. Raquel is becoming a little more educated and has got some manners mastered now. At least she knows that at a restaurant she must not put her hands inside the plates and eat like a monkey :) Children go through that phase and it is quite natural for them. It helps them psychologically to enjoy their meal. Exploring is fundamental for the children to discover what the food feels like. Many parents don't like it. I don't like it but I do accept that behaviour even though I feel like fainting when I see the food flying to the floor.

Raquel is back from school now and I have to have a look at what she is doing. She's doing her home work. In Malta everyone gets home work from five years upwards. God helps the teacher if she fails to give them some, even after an outing! She would get bad reports from parents. I think that play time is important for the children but since the system is what it is we have to comply. Therefore she has to do home work and even extra work when she gets things wrong. We leave play time for Saturday and Sunday but sometimes I give her 30 mins study time so she does not fall back. It's tough but it is for her own good after all. I am trying not to over-do it. Hope I am doing the right thing.

Wish you all a good day, afternoon or night wherever you are. May God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment