Thursday 19 January 2012

Today I have been to the mother and child group organised by the parish church. It is so much fun for both children and parents! The children can play, draw, sing and meet their peers while we can have some tea or coffee... not in peace though as the children's laughter and screams brighten the day! It's a pity many women do not come as they think their children are too little or because they say they are too busy to come! I'd rather see my children happy than do one hour of house work. I do all the necessary work later. Its' not the end of the world after all!




At the moment there's a lot going on in the Maltese islands. We are preparing for a very big festivity. It's carnival time and all the Maltese would be looking at the shops for carnival costumes for their children. Even adults dress up sometimes. I like to buy costumes online but sometimes the sizes are tricky. Like a couple of years ago I bought this lovely costume which said it would fit a 4 year old... but it did not! That's where golden hands come in handy! I went to a crafts shop and bought a yellow stretchy fabric. I added it to the sleeves and pants and no one could tell it was not part of the costume! There is Raquel posing for photos on one of the carnival floats. They are awesome!!! They are all hand made with papier mache! At night they are lit up and they're simply beautiful!
Raquel posing on the carnival float!

O
One of the floats in Floriana, near the capital city Valletta. There were so many. I wonder what this year's floats will look like! I only hope the weather is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment