Monday 30 January 2012

Wild flowers in the kitchen.

I love flowers and gardens. These flowers look lovely, yet they grow on their own in an abandoned garden. It is a private garden so don't worry, I don't go picking flowers from public places... but there is someone who picks flowers from my front yard! 
I just can't enjoy a single flower if I leave it in the plant. I hope to catch the thief and explain to him that it takes time to wait for a flower to grow, money to buy the bulbs and a lot of dedication even if it is a very small front yard, around one square metre. They are my flowers after all. 

Today I took Raquel to school in the rain. Both our umbrellas broke so we had to go all the way under the broken umbrellas, sheltering ourselves as best as we could. Then took the car to the mechanic, went to have a coffee at a restaurant with a play area so little one could play while we sat. Then I knitted a bonnet but still have to attach the ribbons to it. I will be able to sell it as soon as it is ready. In the afternoon I cooked some kosksu, a traditional Maltese recipe (pasta bead soup) and it tasted really great. Dinner is ready too... baked fish, caponata and baked potatoes with rosemary and fennel seeds. I know all the traditional recipes by heart. The herbs are smelling so nice! I had some frozen basil and fresh mint and marjoram. I can't grow basil right now because it is too cold. The mint plant was dying because I forgot to water it. Hope it does not die.. maybe new sprouts will grow if I water it regularly soon!

It's time to continue my next project now... another bonnet for baby! 

Thanks for looking :)

No comments:

Post a Comment